Friday, October 19, 2007

Dalai Lama

Watching the interview with the Dalai Lama was extremely enlightening, before this class if I was asked who is the Dalai Lama? my answer would be a monk.I found the Dalai Lama to be an extraordinary man bursting with energy for life,great sense of humor, humble, he said "I am no one special" he is forgiving, embracing all religion. His answer to the question regarding the fighting between the Jews and the Palestinian was "There is too much anger,emotion, negative emotion in religion.
I will forever remember some of his quotes, my favorites are, "quality is more important than quantity,the power of gun can't prevail peace is more powerful, the power of truth must come through openness,destruction of your neighbour, enemy, eventually will be destruction of yourself, destroying your enemy is old fashion and outdated.These are quotes are powerful if fallowed, there would be no war, Tibet has been fortunate to have had such a spiritual and temporal leader.

3 comments:

Loren Gessner said...

I am glad that you enjoy the interview. I never watched it before i rented the movie but i enjoyed it very much. It puts a thought into your mind while watching the interview. I never have thought that it would be like that and people would have to go through all that for something you believe in.

Sandra Fernandes Traina said...

It does open your mind to new things and it is quite interesting to learn about new religions and beliefs.

Anonymous said...

I agree. I was impressed with where they found the Dalai Lama. In a unknown peasant house hold. Is it possible, if we elected our president from the common people we might get someone who cared about the common people. Someone who talked about peace instead of war. Someone who was against torture not for it. The Dalai Lama says words to remember.