Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Belief-O-Matic Quiz

Doing the Belief-O-Matic Survey, I was very surprised that my results showed that my beliefs relected the beliefs of an Orthodox Quaker. I actually did not know what Orthodox Quakers believed before I read about them on the website. I'm surprised we both have similar beliefs. I was able to learn about other religions as well through this quiz. The reason I believe these questions are important is because there are so many unanswered questions regarding religious and nonreligious beliefs in this world today.

My Results:
1.
Orthodox Quaker (100%)
2.
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (90%)
3.
Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (83%)
4.
Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (81%)
5.
Jehovah's Witness (72%)
6.
Liberal Quakers (72%)
7.
Eastern Orthodox (72%)
8.
Roman Catholic (72%)
9.
Sikhism (72%)
10.
Unitarian Universalism (70%)
11.
Seventh Day Adventist (69%)
12.
Hinduism (66%)
13.
Orthodox Judaism (66%)
14.
Neo-Pagan (61%)
15.
Islam (56%)
16.
Reform Judaism (56%)
17.
New Age (55%)
18.
Mahayana Buddhism (54%)
19.
Bahá'í Faith (49%)
20.
Jainism (48%)
21.
Theravada Buddhism (46%)
22.
Taoism (43%)
23.
Secular Humanism (42%)
24.
Scientology (35%)
25.
Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (33%)
26.
New Thought (27%)
27.
Nontheist (21%)

2 comments:

Susan De George said...

Were you able to see what you had in common with the top 5 religions? Why do you think they came up? How close are they to your own beliefs?

Karen said...

Hey,
I was also shocked with my results. I barely knew half of the religions that I scored high on even existed. I always knew there were a lot of religions but I was shocked with how many came out when I finished my survey. But it gave me a chance to learn about other religions because when I scored so high on them I ended up reading about them to see if there were simulators in my religion.